Thursday 11 November 2010

A Walk with Cosmo.

Post No.8
This time I walked to the Little Blue Hut with ‘Cosmo’ who couldn’t believe his luck. A dog walk outside of the usual time, excellent.  It was windy, cold and spitting with rain most of the way there and it’s a long way to walk, took something like an hour. Cosmo don’t care about the weather he fully enjoys being out at any time.
I was really looking forward to just getting there, not doing anything when I did get there, just getting there was all I wanted. Cosmo: very happy not getting there and when we did get there he didn’t really like it or want to go in, all nervy and jittery. Eventually he realised I was going in and he had to make the most of it, and he lay down and dosed off.

I took a couple of photos, and in about 2 minutes wished I’d driven as I wanted to go home already and it was still raining. I forced my self to do a couple or three uninspired drawings and decided to go home as it was boring already.


Cosmo’s pleased when we are off, he’s looking and searching for something all the time. I don’t know what he’s looking for, he never finds anything, and he never gets disappointed at not finding anything. But he’s always looking.
Now he’s off round behind this row of boats. These are small yachts all parked up in a row by the sailing club. I’m calling Cosmo ..come on, I want to get home. He doesn’t he’s looking under this boat. I’m standing waiting for his interest to wane and I can hear all the boats are playing a tune in the wind. It’s a bit of an abstract tune, but that’s OK. The wind is blowing the lines or ropes against the hollow metal masts. There are 20 plus boats all going ting, ting, ting, tong, tong, tong playing altogether like an orchestra. A wind symphony. The funny thing is Cosmo’s ready to move on now and trots off along the beach and I’m the one staying behind in the rain. I wanted to take photos but he’s almost out of sight now and I have to catch him up.
As I walk home I have made plans to make a wind harp. They are also known as Aeolian harps. As the weather is rubbish I have decided to construct one at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment