Wednesday 10 November 2010

The Little Blue Hut

Post No.1
My residency will have to have a slightly more stoic approach. It’s dull and cold, but not as windy as the first time I came here to collect the keys.
I bought a small sound recording gizmo about six months ago which I thought at the time may come in handy for this residency. My initial visit was windy and I wished I had brought it with me then. So I did bring it with me this time, but I failed in even being able to turn it on. The batteries may be flat and new electronic equipment is not my strong suit.
I was able to operate my camera though, and have taken a few shots to show how grey it is at the moment. I will say at this point that the photos I will take are always going to be of the wind turbines on the horizon. The Little Blue Hut has a great view of them.

I can hear the rhythmic bashing sound the waves make and that’s about it. No one around.
Just me and the turbines, the tide, and some Jolly Jack Tars in a red fishing boat.

Then this happened. Probably missed each other by a couple of leagues or three (whatever they are?)
I also noticed that the wind turbines go like this:
                                                                                               
 !           !!       !!!         !!!!        !!!!!         !!!!!          !!!!           !!!           !!             !

Both these photos have the boats where there are two clusters of four turbines. The right hand cluster is three and one behind. The left hand cluster is four in a row.
Speak later
rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment